Large Bore Vacuum Insulated Piping / Hose
Vacuum Jacketed Transfer Lines (6″+)
AET Designs and Manufactures vacuum jacketed transfer lines for the cryogenic industry. This application is utilized to transfer gases/liquids with a low boiling point while shielding them from atmospheric interference.
These piping assemblies can also include Flex Segments to help with customer connection point alignment.
Transferring cryogenic liquid without vacuum jacketing can cost a large amount of money due to heat leaks. Keeping waste costs down can mean more funding for other parts of your project, or in some cases, more end product to sell to your end user.
For more information on vacuum jacketed lines, see the tabs below.
Large Diameter Hose Considerations
Large diameter vacuum hoses have their own set of manufacturing considerations. Due to the size and use cases requiring these sizes, dye penetrant testing and radiograph examination is often required. AET also performs additional calculations for criteria such as contraction/expansion, heat leak, pressure, and spacer functionality.
Sizes Available: 6″ to 24″ Inner Pipe Size. Larger sizes may be possible given design considerations. Please contact us for more information.
Bayonet Cryogenic Couplings
In addition to vacuum jacketed piping, we can provide our own large bayonet couplings up to 24″ inner pipe diameter. These bayonets are cold shock tested and designed for superior functionality with a simple flange-based connection for easy install.
- Thermal Expansion/Contraction Relief
- Slight Alignment Control
- Large Volumetric Flow Fuel Lines
Used in Industries
Why Choose AET?
- Large Range of Flex Diameters
- Multiple End Connection Choices
- With or Without Braid (Dependent on Design Pressure)
- Material Certifications Available Upon Request
In the below video, cold shock testing of a large bore bayonet is displayed.
- Cryogenic Society of America is a not-for-profit organization that provides information and resources for all things in the Cryogenic industry, as well as organizing their quarterly issue of “Cold Facts” magazine to those interested.
- ASME B31.3 is a guideline for piping safety and has been adopted into many vacuum jacketed pipeline designs. The guidelines there-in outline many things, but a table of contents page can be seen at the reference link.
- Testing Centers
- Liquid Natural Gas Relocation
- Cryogenic Storage
- Cryo Transfer Systems
- Helium Purification Systems
- Food Industry
- Low Boiling Point Liquid Transfer
- Flex Assemblies
- Small U-Tube Vacuum Jacketed Jumpers
- Cryogenic Process Valves (Manual or Actuated)
Although we offer a full range of vacuum jacketed line assemblies and components designed and manufactured by AET, we can also incorporate third party components to mate with an existing system, i.e. Bayonets and Pumpouts.
Please feel free to use our contact form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
Ability Engineering Technology, Inc.
South Holland, Illinois
Postal Code: 60473
United States of America
Phone: +1 (708) 331-0025
Fax: +1 (708) 331-5090
Cage Code: 3W141